When I need a super-quick lunch that has some protein and a good dose of greens, this is my go-to. In under 15 minutes, you can make this ginger and garlic infused soup that’s full of greens and eggs that are poached right into the broth. It’s warming and satisfying yet won’t weigh you down.
- 1 tablespoon toasted Asian sesame oil or vegetable oil
- 5 (1/4-inch) thick slices fresh ginger 2 cloves garlic, very thinly sliced
- 6 cups of water and 4 packages of Bone Brewhouse Lemon Ginger bone broth
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 12 ounces regular bok choy, Shanghai bok choy, or Napa cabbage
- 4 large eggs
- Thinly sliced scallions
Carefully add the water, bone broth and tamari or soy sauce (it may sputter) and bring to a boil. Meanwhile, trim the stem ends from the bok choy or cabbage. If using Napa cabbage or large bok choy, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
Add the bok choy or cabbage to the boiling broth, stir to combine, and bring back to a boil. Lower the heat to maintain a simmer and crack the eggs into the broth, keeping the eggs as far apart from each other as possible. Simmer undisturbed until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately, topped with scallions. Enjoy!