As the temperature begins to cool, I like to heart things up with this little ginger beet bone broth chili recipe. Chili has always offered a great place to hide vegetables, but this recipe also tucks away the healing properties of bone broth with the energizing benefits of ginger and beet to create some spicy and nourishing goodness. You can’t beet it! (See what I did there?)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey or chicken
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 package of Bone Brewhouse Ginger Beet Instant Bone Broth
- 1 shredded zucchini
- Place oil in a large pot and place over medium high heat. Add in onion, garlic and red pepper and sauté for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in ground turkey and break up the meat; cooking until no longer pink. Next add in chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and salt; stir for about 20 seconds.
- Next add in tomato sauce, bone broth, and zucchini. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until chili thickens and flavors come together. Taste and adjust seasonings and salt as necessary.
- Serve on a bed of spinach or with anything you'd like.