It’s bone broth Jamaican-style, with this ‘jerk’ plantain lasagna. It’s gluten-free, nutritious and delicious!
• Coconut oil for cooking
• 3-5 large ripe plantains
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 2 cups spinach
• 3 teaspoons minced garlic
• 1 teaspoon Jerk spice (or to taste)
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 1 teaspoon dried thyme
• 2 tomatoes chopped
• 1-pound ground beef/chicken (or lentils)
• 1 cup sliced black olives
• 2-3 green onion chopped
• 1 cup Bone Brewhouse Traditional bone broth
• 2-3 tablespoon parsley chopped
1. Peel plantains and slice length-wise. Fry or bake the plantains. Set aside.
2. Add 1-2 tbsp of coconut oil in a skillet followed by onions, garlic, Jerk seasoning, paprika, thyme, sweat for about a minute. Then add spinach and tomatoes, bring to a simmer, add ground meat and cook for about 7-10 minutes stirring frequently, add bone broth. Finally add olives, green onions, parsley, adjust to taste. Remove and set aside.
3. Grease a lasagna pan. Line the bottom of the pan with the cooked plantain. Add the beef mixture, just like you would prepare lasagna. Alternate until both are used up. (cheese optional) Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Let it cool then serve warm.