15-minute Lemon Ginger Bone Broth Wonton Soup
November 04, 2022
By Christine Guy
Enjoy this delicious wonton soup with our flavorful lemon ginger instant bone broth and a handful of vibrant greens in just 15 minutes. A fast, easy weekday or weekend meal!
- 1 leek, white parts, thinly sliced (or 1 shallot)
- 4 slices ginger (the size of a quarter, leave peels on or 1 tablespoon ginger paste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups Bone Brewhouse Lemon Ginger instant bone broth
- 10–14 wontons (chicken, shrimp or vegetarian)
- a couple handful of chopped greens -- baby spinach, arugula, bok choy, chopped kale
- garnish options: scallions, cilantro, sesame seeds, chili flakes or sriracha
First of all, prepare a packet or two of our 15g instant broth as directed on the pouch and set aside. In a medium pot, sauté the shallot and ginger in oil, over medium heat, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the broth, cover and bring to a boil. Add the wontons and simmer according to directions on the package (3 to 5 minutes -- depending on size), They normally float when cooked through.
Drop in the greens, cooking until wilted. Spinach will take 45 seconds, kale will take longer. Sprinkle with any of the garnishes and serve!