This is based on a family cabbage roll recipe, deconstructed – because who has time to roll 36 cabbage rolls. And, I’ve added a secret ingredient… Bone Brewhouse Traditional bone broth. It tastes great and it’s good for you.
- 1 medium onion, cubed
- 1-2 lbs ground beef
- ½ head cabbage, sliced thin
- 15oz can of diced tomatoes, or fresh if you have enough on hand
- 1 cup Bone Brewhouse Traditional bone broth
- Sea salt/pepper to taste
1. Sauté the onion and ground beef till cooked. Add cabbage and cook down till soften and caramelize a bit. Add a few pinches of sea salt while it’s cooking to bring out their juices and let them sweeten up.
2. Add in the rest of the ingredients to the cabbage and onions, and cook through on medium heat for about 5-10 minutes.
3. Season to taste and serve over rice or mashed potatoes. Enjoy!